This website is managed by Johnsons Toffees Limited
This privacy statement sets out how Johnsons Toffees uses and protects any information that you give Johnsons Toffees when you use this website.
In general, you can visit this website without disclosing personal data. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily provide it. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, the data controller is Johnson's Toffees, St Oswald House, St Oswald Street, Castleford, West Yorkshire, UK, WF10 1DH.
By using this website, you signify acceptance of this privacy statement. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of the privacy statement, your only remedy is to discontinue use of the website.
By inputting any personal data on this website, you consent to the collection and use of this information by us in accordance with this privacy statement. Please do not provide any information to us if you do not agree to this.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- technical information
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- information that you submit to us by purchasing, emailing, phoning or otherwise corresponding with us. (This may include financial information required to complete purchases of goods.)
What we do with the information we gather
Any financial information we obtain from you will be used to carry out our obligations in relation to any contracts entered into with you for the supply of goods only. All other information may be used to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services and notify you of any changes
- to customize or personalize the website according to your interests
- to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- from time to time, to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any affiliate of Johnsons Toffees and to those working on our behalf for a specified purpose. They are not permitted to keep this information and it is only to be used for the purpose for which we contract with them. The information will be held and used with the same degree of care and according to this privacy statement.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties solely in the following cases:
- in the event that we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation under applicable UK and EU laws, court order, or governmental request, or in order to protect the vital rights, property, or safety of the Johnsons Toffees.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You have the right to request a copy of the information held by us about you. We may charge a small official fee for this. You also have the right to access your data, have changed any inaccuracies in the details we hold about you, the right to object to the use of your data and the right to block any specific uses of your data, by means of a request in writing to us at the above address of the data controller.
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement from time to time without notice by updating this page. Each time you use this website you will be bound by the then current privacy statement and you may want to visit this page periodically to review the current policy. Your continued use of any portion of the website following notification or posting of such changes will constitute your acceptance of those changes. This policy is effective from 8th April 2015.