Maple and Walnut Fudge Cookies
Lynda Morrison from Cake by Lynda Morrison used Johnsons fudge in her cookie recipe and sent in a review plus the actual recipe and a step by step method for our customers, which we have duly published below! Happy baking.
Smooth, creamy and delicious!
The maple flavour tasted natural unlike the many artificial tasting flavours you often get with fudge. The chunks of walnut added a little crunch to the lovely taste. Quality product!
I chose to make cookies with this fudge and I wasn’t disappointed. Chunks of fudge were added to my favourite cookie dough. The cookies were soft and a little chewy, the fudge around the edge of the cookie had caramelised into a delicious ‘toffee like’ crunch.
Maple & Walnut Fudge Cookies
- 280g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp instant custard powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 170g melted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 130g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 180g Johnson’s Maple Walnut Fudge, cut into 1cm cubes
- Sift dry ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Stir in the wet ingredients
- Mix to a dough – do not over mix, stir just enough to incorporate the ingredients
- Using a tablespoon measure, roll into balls of two tablespoons of dough per cookie. Your cookie dough balls should be twice the height as the width, ‘tall balls’ – makes 20.
- Cover a tray with clingfilm and place the cookies on the tray, cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Once the cookies are cold and hard at this stage you can freeze some or all of the balls to be cooked on demand at a later date.
- To bake the cookies, place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, about 3 inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake at 180 degrees C (fan) for around 12 minutes, keep a close eye on them. They are ready when the dough balls have flattened, and the edges are lightly browned.
- Important, cool on the tray, the cookies will harden on cooling.
- If baking from frozen you will need to increase the baking time by around 2 minutes.
Johnsons cinder toffee is a real treat. Think crunchie but better! Baking with it is not easy as heat changes the texture, which you don’t want to do...Read More
Johnsons cherry fudge is amazing. Smooth creamy fudge with big chunks of real cherries, delicious on its own and has endless baking possibilities...Read More
It’s hard to find things to put in stocking that will be used and loved, but it’s a tradition and it’s important that don’t let it die out. The perfec..Read More
The days are becoming shorter and nights are becoming cold and crisp. Red, yellow and orange leaves are falling from the trees, which can only mean on..Read More
Halloween is around the corner, have some fun for the occasion and try recreating our Halloween Spider Buns. They’re perfect for a party or just for a..Read More
We've been searching for the perfect recipes for you to re-create using our divine Toffee and Fudge. We think our smooth creamy Salted Carmel Fudge Co..Read More
Products related to this post