Coffee and Vanilla Cupcakes
Lynda Morrison from Cake by Lynda Morrison used Johnson's Coffee Fudge in her Coffee and Vanilla Cupcake recipe with another step by step method for our lucky customers. Enjoy!
Coffee and Vanilla Cupcakes
You don’t have to be a big coffee fan (I don’t drink coffee at all) to enjoy this fudge. My husband is a double espresso fan and we both loved the creamy coffee flavour.
I did a little experimenting with this one and I soon discovered that Johnsons fudge makes the best fudge sauce ever! I baked simple vanilla cupcakes and filled them with the fudge sauce, topped with vanilla buttercream and of course a lovely chunk of coffee fudge, delicious.
Treat yourself, buy some Johnson's Fudge and get cupcake making, enjoy!
CUPCAKES – makes 12 muffin size
• 150g butter
• 150g caster sugar
• 3 eggs
• 150g self raising flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 ½ table spoons milk
• 4 table spoons double cream
• 100g Johnson’s coffee fudge, cut into thin slices
• 100g butter
• 350g icing sugar
• 2 table spoons milk
• Coffee fudge for decoration
• Make the cupcakes; cream the butter and sugar together until well incorporated.
• Add all the other cupcake ingredients and mix well to a smooth batter.
• Place 12 paper cases into a 12 hole muffin pan and fill with the batter (I use an ice cream scoop to do this but a spoon will do the job).
• Bake at 160 degrees C for around 24 minutes (depends on your oven) until light golden brown.
• While the cupcakes are baking make the filling. Place the sliced fudge and cream in a pan and heat gently stirring until the fudge melts and it forms a smooth sauce.
• Pour the sauce into a bowl and cool.
• Make the buttercream by placing all ingredients in a bowl and mixing until smooth and creamy. Best done with an electric mixer as it is hard work by hand!
• When the cupcakes are cooled, use an apple corer to make a hole in the middle of the cupcake.
• Fill each cupcake with sauce then top with a piped swirl of buttercream and a piece of fudge.
• If you don’t have a piping bag and nozel, fill a freezer bag with the buttercream and snip a corner off to pipe the buttercream.
It’s hard to find things to put in stocking that will be used and loved, but it’s a tradition and it’s important that don’t let it die out. The perfec..Read More
The days are becoming shorter and nights are becoming cold and crisp. Red, yellow and orange leaves are falling from the trees, which can only mean on..Read More
Halloween is around the corner, have some fun for the occasion and try recreating our Halloween Spider Buns. They’re perfect for a party or just for a..Read More
We've been searching for the perfect recipes for you to re-create using our divine Toffee and Fudge. We think our smooth creamy Salted Carmel Fudge Co..Read More
July 30th is National Cheesecake Day. It would be rude not to have a slice (or two) whether it’s taking it to work or throwing a party to go with the ..Read More
Johnson's are pleased to announce we will be at the 160th Great Yorkshire Show 2018 on Tuesday 10th July...Read More
Products related to this post